Saturday, October 13, 2018

Unanswered questions.

In Remember When, there are lots of things that a reader might have noticed or connected together that led them to having "unanswered questions" about what a thing was or why it happened. Loose ends are a natural part of story telling. Really good loose ends are sequel hooks, by the by.

I tried to keep them to a minimum, and even did an epilogue with some of those explicitly addressed and closed off. There was one, however, that stayed unanswered because... well, it was taken to a great extent from a telling of something actual, and to this day I don't know the answer. I have a guess, but it is based only on a personality judgment about the active hand, who is unknown to me other than in an almost stereotypical perception of them.

Do you think the Medellin Main hit men intended to shoot David as well as Guillermo, at the time of the kill? David sure thought they would try, and there was the shoot-through round...

What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. I was sure they were going to try. And maybe even wing him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suppose after thinking about it, that an organization like that would almost certainly want any outsiders with knowledge to be 'resolved'. It didn't strike me that way while I was reading though.

    ReplyDelete