Wednesday, October 24, 2018

She's catching me...

I have had the joy of meetings with my Editor the last few days, where she does a First Read through a chapter of the new novel to spot major structural problems. Along the way, some of the basic proofreading happens, too. We went four Reads through every chapter in Remember When during that production process, each pass refining details all the way down to word choices. It really makes the book better, but it takes a lot of effort. I'm deeply grateful, to say the least.

She's already through three chapters, while I am mid-way through writing the sixth and still have an obligation to go back and expand the bare-bones of Chapter Five. With a concerted effort on my part, Chapter Six may be in her hands by this evening (PDT, same time zone as this blog uses).

So off I go to try and stay ahead. Enjoy the 'blog today, please, and do recommend Remember When to your friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment