Saturday, September 29, 2018

What comes next?

No, this is not about "what comes next in the novella?". No matter what the Muse that drives me to write says about wanting more Sherri stories, let's be plain about it: that story is told. But there are more stories...

The next work is outlined, basically framed, and had bits of three chapters in-progress. Chapter One in a very rough first draft form was handed over to my Editor yesterday. I guess that means things are really underway on that now. I'm willing to share only a little bit about it at this point, but here they are:

It will be novel length, planned at 20 chapters and somewhere around 50k words. I'll write what the story demands, however.

It is set in 1984. The introduction occurs in the Spring of that year, and the main story late in the Summer.

The locations are a bit varied, but the key ones are both in West Africa.

"The Roomie" is no longer referred to by that appellation; His base identity is now called "Amy's Husband". Yes, he's back in action.

Hope you all enjoy this tease, and I look forward to keeping you all updated on the progress of writing and producing this novel!

No comments:

Post a Comment