Wednesday, September 19, 2018

The Push

I want to be writing or, you know, doing those self-indulgent things in life. What I *am* doing is Marketing. The release of any new or small niche creative content, whether it be YouTube or Books (but especially E-books), Twitch channels or Fan-sites for some major product, all goes about the same.

You line up everything on your side, trying for and hopefully achieving 0 Defects on your production quality and also minimize the human error problems... and then you line up "Everyone you've ever hit or kissed" to know and repeat what you are about to do. Yes, that is quote from a friend far more savvy and experienced at this than I am.

You'll need platforms to push your content across, too. I abhor many of the newer forms of Social Media for the inability to control your own content and the fact that there is a reason you don't discuss politics with most of your associates. (( grin)) But let's be honest. The REACH of things like Facebook, Twitter, and a network of Discord sites  is simply astounding.

For the effort of about 3 days time, I've gotten at least a glance at my advertising for Remember When in front of about 50k~75k people. Probably 1/50 of those actually saw about it long enough to really notice. That's nothing to sneeze at, IMO. Not real Ad Campaign numbers, but something.

The keys have been to have a network of networks, and to have a bond of trust from established relationships to the content creators who "own" those networks. All 4 of my cold-calls to more established writers or media creators turned up yielding nothing, although 3 of those did reply about it. All my established relationships and those through my Editor, totaling about 20 network connections, came through except for 3. Of those 17 that did, 4 led to new connections to networks outside my circle.

If people are interested, I can write more here about the actual mechanics of the Push, and what was pushed out over the networks.

But more to the point, I'm grateful to everyone who helped there on Day One, and remain grateful that many of them are sustaining the Push even now. Thanks to one and all!

No comments:

Post a Comment